Helsinki, 2:56 a.m.
Traveling alone is something I recommend for all kinds of reasons, but mostly because when you are alone it is 100% normal and OK to be wide awake drinking champagne in my your hotel room at 2 a.m.
I wasn’t expecting to be alone on this trip (hello, it is my birthday, what is the point of having a boyfriend if not for companionship on birthdays?? oh also occasional pickle jar opening) but unfortunately he had a family obligation that couldn’t be un-obligated. C’est la vie.
However, I believe I have made the best of things by doing the following:
- Eating a full breakfast followed almost immediately by eating a cheeseburger
- Spending three hours in the design museum
- Walking to every yarn shop available on google maps
- Taking pictures of every.little.thing, including taking literally 43 elevator selfies
- Three-hour nap that started at 6 p.m.
- I have been here one full day and already enjoyed three bubble baths
Life is what you make it. Mine is apparently made of cheeseburgers and bubble baths between selfies.